Video 9 – Principles of Strength Training
What you will learn
- a comprehensive insight into the Principles of Strength Training.
- an understanding and appreciation of the principles or variables (including sets, reps, recovery, load etc) of strength training
- how the manipulation of these principles or of these variables can result in the development of muscle mass, strength, power, speed or endurance.
- understanding how the variables work and become a key ingredient in the strength training programme design and delivery
- using the principles or variables to improve performance in sport.
Note: While this is a stand alone video, participants are encouraged to compete our full range of strength training video so as to be an expert in strength training programme design and delivery.
Length of the video
The video covers 10 important principles or variables as they apply to strength and weight training programming. Among the variable discussed include
- Exercise selection
- Number of exercises
- Number of sets to use.
- Reps or repetitions in a set
- The load or weight
- The recovery between sets
- Frequency of training
- The manipulation of the variables
- Lifting tempo
- Exercise order
- Understanding the application of force in sport
The manipulation of these principles or of these variables can result in the develop of muscle mass, strength, power, speed or endurance. Therefore it is important that the coach understands how these variable work and thus this information becomes a key ingredient in the strength training programme design and delivery for athletes, individual players or for teams.
Ensure you are in the Euro zone version of the webpage. Go back to the home page and click on the box on the top right hand corner and ensure you click Ireland/Europe €. Now when you go to purchase the course the cost will be in Euro.
Pay and Enrol
Fee for Video 9 – Principles of Strength Training: